Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good bye's

Good bye's are not easy.  I have just spent the entire last 48 hours saying good bye and for most of you that know me - you know what that looks like and how difficult that is for me.  I am emotionally exhausted and drained.  My heart is burdened and heavy knowing that I may never see these people that God has given me relationships with for this season ever again.  My eyes feel completely dried up now.  My head hurts from all of the tears and my body is worn out from lack of sleep.

However, I rejoice in the sweet reality that I am leaving my loved ones here only to return to my loved ones back home.  So yes, it is bittersweet.  But God is good and I must remember that He loves these people far more than I ever could.  He will take care of them.

It is 4:17 AM AM and I am preparing to fly to South Africa in a couple of short hours.  I will spend the next 4 days there in Debrief.  I will then be flying home to America on a not-so-short flight :)

Oh the journey God has brought me on in my time here!  The struggles, the difficulties, the victories, the pains, the discomforts, the triumphs, the joys, the love, and the sanctification.  It has certainly been a journey!  But for now I say good bye to Dar es Salaam.  Even though I am leaving I will never forget and I will always cherish my time that God has given me here.  He alone is good!!

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!"    
Psalm 34:8

I will try to update one more time prior to flying out of South Africa to the U.S.!  Love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment